Service & Maintenance Plans
Helping you to manage and reduce the cost of operating your material handling equipment by following a four step process will reduce your operating costs and can be used by material handling fleets of all sizes.
1. Fleet Analysis
We will help you manage the cost to operate your equipment by focusing on three lift stages of equipment…equipment performance, use of equipment in each application, and allocation of each piece of equipment. Our fleet analysis consists of the following:
- Tour your application and observe the equipment in operation
- Record equipment specifications
- Interview managers, supervisors, and operators
- Examination of maintenance records and repair procedures
- Preparation and calculation of equipment allocation
- Analyze the total fleet cost to find the cost per hour of operation on equipment
- Evaluate drive and maintenance skills
2. Establish Cost Reduction Opportunities
Once the analysis is complete, we provide you with recommendations that will reduce costs immediately. The recommendations include ways to:
- Improve individual equipment application
- Standardize the fuel source, attachments, and parts sourcing
- Evaluate complementary handling equipment
- Evaluate battery handling, changing, and charging procedures
- Determine the economic life of equipment
- Provide innovative acquisition programs
- Identify waste disposal costs per revenue dollar
3. Redesign the Fleet
Lower the cost of the fleet already in operation:
- Reduce parts inventory by single sourcing
- Set up planned maintenance programs
- Improve productivity by enhancing battery changing and charging techniques
- Improve flow within your facility
4. Long-Term Fleet Solutions
Operate smarter with less equipment:
- Automate predictable and repetitive operations
- Consolidate individual equipment to serve multiple areas
- Radio frequency dispatch and frequency data transfer
- Battery and charger matching for efficient charging
OUR COMPANY OFFERS A QUALITY SERVICE THAT WILL PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT AND MAXIMIZE THE FORKLIFT’S PRODUCTIVITY. THE PLANNED MAINTENANCE SERVICE (PM), WILL PROTECT THE SAFETY OF YOUR EMPLOYEES, PROTECT THE VALUE, AND INCREASE THE LIFE OF YOUR FORKLIFT.
1. An appropriate service frequency is established by one of our professionals and put into an accurate scheduling system. (30, 60, and 90 day intervals, or customize a schedule to fit your needs)
2. On each scheduled visit one of our trained service technicians reports to a designated company contact for reference and equipment listing.
3. Our service technician then goes over a PM diagnostic check of your equipment with your specified person.
4. After the work is performed, the complete PM check form is given to the appropriate person. In the comments section of the report, our technician notifies you of what additional work needs to be completed on your forklift. No further work is done until someone from your firm authorizes it.
Safety & Training
We at Preferred Material Handling are always concerned about the safety of those that purchase or lease our products. As a public service, we have provided the link below that will directly access the federal OSHA regulation search for Forklifts. We urge anyone that is operating our equipment, to review the regulations and to keep up with any current safety advisories that OSHA issues. The safe operation of this equipment is everyone’s responsibility.
Forklift Safety Rules
- Wear your seat belt on sit-down rider forklifts
- No horseplay or miss-use of forklifts
- Sound horn at blind corners & intersections
- No riders
- Chock truck & trailer wheels before entering
- Do not raise or lower loads while traveling
- Lower forks to the ground when parking
- Do not raise any person on the forks
- Inspect condition of forklift before each shift
- No smoking in refueling or charging areas
- EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED
Forklift Safety Training
OSHA 1910.178 CFR29 classes conducted at your site and tailored to your company’s equipment and specifications.
Training Courses Available:
Forklift Operator (Includes “Hands On” Training)
Train The Trainer
*Classes with less than 10 students are subject to a minimum charge.
Reservations are required. Company charges 1/2 price for “no shows” due to reserved seating. “Hands On” portion to be conducted at user location or at Preferred Material Handling, Inc. facility.